Saturday, December 24, 2011

Elf on a Shelf Adventures 2011

Merry CHRISTmas Eve everyone!!  I hope you're enjoying time with family and making many happy memories.  In our house, we're having a lovely relaxing day playing with the boys, and while they are happily playing, I'm posting a holiday blog update.  Since Santa arrives tonight, today was the last day our elf Mr. Wiggles would be around to check on the boys.  I decided to put together a collage of all his exploits this year to see all the silly fun we've had.
The photos are in date order L to R starting at the top.  This is the first year Mr. Wiggles has visited us, and the first night he was found sitting on our fireplace mantle after we read The Elf on the Shelf book.  After that he was found:
  1. on top of the TV
  2. swinging in a candle holder
  3. climbing on the wall candles
  4. playing with Duplos
  5. hanging from the dining room chandelier
  6. peek-a-boo in the Christmas tree
  7. taking a bath
  8. praying at the Nativity
  9. playing in the garland
  10. reading books
  11. lounging in a stocking
  12. playing Candyland with Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear
  13. chillin' on top of the refridgerator
  14. playing on the boys' computer
  15. hanging upside down from our art board
  16. watching TV
  17. driving the Batmobile
  18. sitting on a box (creative, I know :P)
  19. hanging from the family room ceiling fan
  20. sleeping in a shoe box w/a packet of tissues for a pillow
  21. playing with his Christmas buddies (in the boys' bedroom)
  22. snacking on sugar cookies we made that day
  23. clipped to the front of the refrigerator by our Christmas countdown
  24. he wrapped all our presents; found on the dining room table amidst the gifts, ribbon, tape, and paper
  25. on top of the toy cabinet with his parting note and an early gift for the boys (Christmas Eve)
Since he goes home with Santa tonight, he left a note for the boys this morning.  He knew the boys would be sad to see him leave, and he wanted them to know it was OK and he'd be back later.  I'm posting the text for that as well, in case any other elves out there are looking for ways to soften the blow of their leaving. :)  We HAVE told our boys that hugs don't take away his magic (despite the prohibition against touching) so they can hug him goodbye before bed tonight; if your kids worry about touching him, your elf might want to omit the last part.

The poem rhymes (because elves like rhymes, after all :P) and it reads:

"Dear Boys, 

The day is here! It's Christmas Eve
and late tonight I'll have to leave.
I'll fly back home on Santa's sleigh
to see my elf friends and to play.

It's been lots of fun to play with you
and I'll be watching all year through
to make sure you are being good
and listening, just as you should.

I know you’ll miss me, but don’t be sad
because more good times are to be had.
I’ll come back when it’s Christmas again
and I’ll always be your little Elf friend.

So give me a hug to send me on my way
and have a WONDERFUL Christmas day!

Love,  Mr. Wiggles

P.S.  Here is an early present just from
me. Have fun!"

The gift was a Just Dance Kids game for the Nintendo Wii, so we could have some family fun getting active today as we play. :)  I hope you have a blessed Christmas, and despite all the Santa fun, remember that Jesus is the real reason we celebrate, and open gifts in honor of his birthday. :)  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment