Thursday, November 10, 2011

Celebrating the Purple

I've recently decided to reorganize my entire house room-by-room.  This is no small undertaking, as we seem to have somehow accumulated more things than any family of five should ever need to have, especially when three of them aren't even in grade school yet.  I'd hate to see what it would look like if we were actually pack-rats!  As such, I find myself wanting a place to post my thoughts, ideas, projects, and various other musings about organization, my boys, and life in general.  Since I am very much the pink (purple :P) in a vast sea of blue, I decided to start a blog dedicated to all things feminine, where I can post anything I want - even if it's not related to trucks or Star Wars. :)  This is why my blog was born.  Either that, or it's because my compulsive need to chart, catalog, and list things is taking over again.


If you're reading this then you probably already know me, but if not, I should offer some background.  I'm a Christian woman and mother of three wonderfully rambunctious boys.  The normal chaos involved in raising boys is only accentuated in our house by the fact that they are all currently 4 yrs old and younger. :)  My husband is, quite simply, the love of my life and my perfect soul mate in every sense of the word.  He's also a self-proclaimed "over-grown 4 yr old".   Our life is good and chaotic and I try my best just to savor each bit of craziness and not let it all pass me by, while simultaneously striving to keep at least a tiny bit of my sanity intact.  Some days I'm much more successful at this than others.

I've been very blessed to be able to be home each day with my children while they are little, and my husband E works full time as an Electrical Engineer (no, not an electrician.  He gets mad if you say that :P).  However, I'm far from a "stay-at-home" mom.  I work part time as a Data Analyst, help at our oldest son's preschool, serve on our neighborhood association, and help out at our church as much as I can.  You know, in addition to all the grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, refereeing, cooking, dishes, etc that goes along with normal daily life.  I also love to sew and craft and tend to offer help freely to others (much to E's chagrin when I promise assistance too many directions at once and stress myself out).  I have a small (very small :P) side business where I sell things I make and I run two other websites.  I tend to stay busy. :)
 
But on top of all this, I still decided to start yet one more project - this blog.  Maybe I'll stick with it, maybe not.  But I DO like the idea of an outlet for my feminine interests and topics.  Because let's face it, E and my boys couldn't care less if the toy baskets are labeled or how cute my latest sewing project came out.  I ADORE being the mom of boys, but it might be nice to have a place to remember that I AM actually a girl now and then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment